Subtle changes in your hearing can be hard to detect because of how gradually hearing loss normally advances. Although children are frequently tested, the majority of adults don’t even consider scheduling a hearing exam like they would their vision. So why should your hearing be any less important than your vision?
Here are 6 reasons to get your hearing tested regularly:
- Spotting the Signs: Potential hearing problems can be revealed by day-to-day situations. Do you frequently need people to repeat themselves? Do you have a difficult time hearing in noisy settings? Are you constantly cranking the volume on your TV up? It’s time for you to get a hearing test if you answered yes to the majority of these questions.
- Following Guidelines: Until you turn 50, you should get a hearing exam every decade and every 3 years after that, as recommended by the American Speech-Language-Hearing Association.
- Family History Matters: If other members of your family have hearing issues, this is a good reason to schedule a hearing test with us.
- Establishing a Baseline: Baseline hearing tests give a reference point for future hearing examination comparisons, allowing you to track changes in your hearing over time.
- Early Diagnosis and Treatment: Problems, such as earwax accumulation, or noise-related hearing loss, can be identified early on by regular hearing exams, avoiding further damage.
- Diagnose Medical Conditions: Inherent medical conditions, including kidney disease, cardiovascular disease, or high blood pressure can on occasion be revealed by hearing loss. Addressing these conditions might improve your hearing.
Neglected hearing loss can have extensive consequences, affecting your social life, emotional well-being, and even physical safety. Hearing aids can significantly improve your hearing and general quality of life, permitting you to fully participate in conversations, enjoy social gatherings, and stay alert to important sounds in your environment.
Don’t miss out on the sound of a loved one’s voice, your grandchildren’s laughter, or an important work meeting.
Schedule a hearing test with us right away to safeguard your hearing health and rediscover the sounds that enrich your life.